Wednesday, October 1, 2008

She Failed Her First Test


Yes, that's right...baby Libby failed her first test. Dr. Wilber has babies get a blood draw at 9 months to test for lead and low iron...so a hundred years ago I took Leah and she was anemic.....so a short year after that I chose not to take a 9 month baby Lauren (now how was I going to get a 9 month old and a not quite two year old into the hospital!) So here comes Libby and I decide to do the right thing and get her stuck (especially after the doctor mentioned low iron having IQ implications...you know me!) Well we went and it was awful and sure enough she failed...well these days after you fail the first test they have you go get ANOTHER test just to look for other things...so we went back to the hospital today and poor baby Libby had the biggest vial of blood drawn I have ever seen...and as hard as she cried was as hard as I was trying not to....why do I ALWAYS have to be the bad guy! No wonder she's a daddy's girl these days :)

No comments: