Today was Libby's 6month doctor's visit. The plan was simple big girls in the waiting room...momma and Libby in the back....yeah right! I have mentioned before Dr. Wilbur's office can be a "rough crowd" in the waiting room...and sure enough it was today....two older ladies(one with a large visible tatoo..in between her "boombies" and the other missing several teeth) were visiting about how they had a son-in-law in prison, had legal custody of some grandchildren, and the ins-and-outs of a daughter and her boyfriend with a great job living together....the clencher...they "ain't planning on raising any more of their grandkids" this was all said before the "tatooed grandmother" took her "tatooed teenager" in for their appointment. So as not to interrupt their visiting(Leah's ears were perked up as usual) We ALL went into see Dr. Wilbur. With all that said.....Libby is perfectly healthy baby girl. She weighs 15lb90z and is 24 1/2 inches long...that makes her slightly over the 50th percentile in height and slighly under in weight. I asked about her not doubling her birth weight by six months...8lb11 1/2 oz. The nurse immediately asked if I was pre-eclamptic (why yes, I was!) so I guess she was pretty "full of fluid" when she arrived and it's no surprise she hasn't doubled! The highlight of the visit besides a little help from her sisters :0) Was me asking about her spitting up problem....
Me-"Yeah, she spits up ALL the time....more than when she was a newborn and more than both girls"
Dr. W-"Well, there are three reasons why babies spit up. The first being simply cosmetic"
Me-to self -"okay so I don't like spit-up all over my clothes, house, furniture..."
Dr. W-"The other reasons are neurological...like cerebal palsy...and look at how she moves her arm"
Me-to self again- "cerebal palsy-didn't I ask about spitting up..."
Me-out loud-"Yeah, I think we'll go with the cosmetic thing...never mind the question..."
That place wears me out! Libby is now sound asleep after her shots, watching her big sisters play at the park, and some squash and applesauce!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment