Saturday, November 1, 2008

One LONG Week


Lauren has had a VERY long, hard Halloween week! She truly has been the sickest she has ever been. It all started last Saturday with fever and cough. I was pretty sure it was croup, so I called the doctor and got her a steriod that we have had in the past. We started it and seemed to be a little better by Monday. She still had some fever so we decided better stay home Tuesday and I should actually take her into the doctor. Doctor says yes it was croup she will feel yucky just wait it out. Okay, so we get home and Lauren cries about how bad she feels and her back hurting. She gets up Wednesday morning and I'm expecting her to be much better. Oh no, 102/103 fever...she spends the day with Aunt Paula and has a GREAT time, even eats a little (I mean they do have the BEST snacks in the world there!) But, when I go to pick her up at 3:30...102 again...okay so..I call the doctor they say plenty of fluid and call us in the morning if she is still sick...Daddy stays home Thursday (ALL DAY!!!) with her and thinks she's doing better. In fact we even go out to carve pumpkins....but it's bedtime and she has over 101...I pack her lunch/Halloween costume/bookbag and decide if she has no fever she's going in the morning...but of course she wakes up with fever...so I stay home and take her in. Guess what? A severe urninary tract infection....we've got a diagnosis, we've got medicince were good to go...RIGHT...WRONG...Lauren takes her first dose...throws it up....THINKS about her next dose...throws it up...THINKS about her third dose you guessed it...so I'm done let's get a shot...that's right it's SATURDAY....so we go to the only open clinic get a shot and new medicine and I'm pretty sure we are FINALLY on the road to recovery!

1 comment:

Anne-Camille Collins said...

Aw! Poor thing. Last year KL did that back-and-forth fever thing and missed the ENTIRE first week of school! She was NOT too happy!