Saturday, March 7, 2009

Note to Self-DRINK WATER

Okay so today was the 12 mile run...and it didn't go so well...I'm usually the cheerleader, but today oh my! First of all it was warm about 65 degrees...I'm not complaining it was beautiful, but different! Then we met at 7:00 am...earlier than normal. So I guess before you run 12 miles you should drink some water?? I thought if I drank anything before the run began I would be pottying on the trail...well pottying in the bushes would have been a much better feeling than the one I had. We had water and GU (energy gel) and mile 4 and then some more water at mile 8, but it just wasn't enough. The dead legs, naseua, light headed feeling hit about mile 10 and continued to the end. I got through it and will NEVER start a distance like that without water AGAIN!!! The leftover headache is not great, but that's what you get!!!

On another note...can you believe the Dewey's are sick again??? Leah has run fever for the past few days and supposedly just has a yucky virus. One day my siter Liz told me my life lately reminded her of Job...now I'm not ABOUT to say my life even compares to the tragedy of that man, but it has been a tough winter...thanks to God for helping us through and come on SPRING!!!

No comments: