Tomorrow is Valentines Day and there has been quite a bit of preparing at our house. Both girls did their OWN Valentines this year! (It did take Lauren two seperate sit downs and curlers with the promise of curly hair...but she did them!) We set up a small assembly line to finish family cards with Leah making the plan. Both girls took turns signing Libby's names to cards. Sweet girls. Valentines Day makes me think back to memories of school days. Tomorrows memories will involve lots of candy and cards. I get to go to both of their Valentine parties and I am so excited! Chad asked if I really wanted to do something on Thursday. Oh where has the romance gone :)
A few Valentines's Day Memories
1. Foil covered shoeboxes and the dreaded Valentine box contest. Of course I never won, but I think Bekah or Will may have once. (Yes, Anne got more creative as time went on) I remember a robot one year that one of the boys made....
2. Waiting to see if your name would be called over the intercom to pick up something in the office. No mine wasn't called very often. I do remember one time my freshman year in college Chad sent flowers. I left them on the table in the lobby of the dorm to make sure EVERYBODY saw them...I wanted to make some of those mean girls jealous!
3. Cards, cards, cards. Most of you know I'm not much of a card girl...they cost too much money and can't you just say what you mean! But, who doesn't like getting one in the mail!
4. Boxes of candy hearts...I just love those things...they are such junk. On
Valentines morning we always had a box sitting next to our seat at the kitchen table. (I ate 3/4s of one yesterday that Lauren had gotten...not so good for the post baby diet!)
Valentines morning we always had a box sitting next to our seat at the kitchen table. (I ate 3/4s of one yesterday that Lauren had gotten...not so good for the post baby diet!)
5. Trying to decide which candy heart with a saying on it to put in whose Valentine. Oh no, we didn't have candy bags for each kid in the class. Most years we would stick a few hearts in each card. You had to be VERY careful which one you put in whose cards. What if they thought you liked them!
Okay so what are your memories????
1 comment:
Hands down best Valentines Day memory is Chad sending me one pink rose in the 5th grade. I got 'called' to the office and returned with a bud...and the biggest smile! It continued until high school...then it HAD to stop...he was my coach. :) It will always be my favorite memory...I looked forward to it every year!
Post a Comment