That's approximately when the Dewey family lost power. It was at approximately 11:30 when I found a leak in Chad's closet (yikes!) Anybody who knows my hubby knows he doesn't like a "problem"...so when I call and I say "I have something to tell you"....he starts the loud sighing (got to love the guy for wanting things perfect). So he's crawling around in the attic trying to find the leak when I call his cell phone and let him know that we are without power. Did you know Chad knows UGLY words?
We got out of the house as quickly as possible...wood floors are cold and lonely even while running a generator...and have been at my mom's house ever since. She lost power around 8:30 on Tuesday night, but was back up by 9:45 pm on Wednesday...so I really feel blessed to be in a warm house with plenty of water and a washer/dryer. We have NO idea when power will be back...it looks like a war zone around my moms with the trees. We drove out towards our house today and I was SICK seeing ALL the snapped power poles in a 1 mile area. There is a lot of work ahead. For now we are safe and sound and feeling very grateful for lights and heat.
I can't help but think of all those kiddos who are cold right now and in the dark. Pray for them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment