Sunday, August 10, 2008

Last Hoorah

Well...summer around here is basically OVER...we had a last hoorah this weekend...(I will not mention to where...although the water was white in this small tourist town in Missouri...because a faithful blog reader who is a physician will be very upset that I once AGAIN did not call her...after she reads the rest of this post she will be glad I was inconsiderate)

We had a really good weekend..we left Friday early afternoon and went to the wet amusement park...oh a time we had...TONS of people....Libby was recovered from her bout with the weird summer virus or so we thought...we went to the hotel...it was a Days Inn that actually had vacant rooms...it might have been the smallest hotel room we have EVER stayed in...but there were 5 of us and it was clean...internet reviews were scaring me....we ALL showered and left for dinner in about 45 minutes...no joke...Libby felt a little warm, but she is the 3rd child so here we went...we walked straight to a table at dinner which was small miracle considering the world's largest redneck car show was in town....we then headed to Target and TjMax...Chad found a few fabulous deals including boxers that buttoned...who knew that was a big deal...anyway Target was a hit and after prying the Hannah Montana leotards out of my big girls' hands (yes they have those too!) we found some respectable dance clothes and some "Brooke" dresses...Libby was now feeling VERY warm and sure enough she had gotten a second round of the mysterious virus (see I told you Doctor Larue...aren't you glad I didn't call)
Saturday we went shopping with a sick child...she is the third you know...and by noon she had at least 103....As usually happens with the best made plans we changed them...Chad was supposed to be going on home with the baby while the girls and I waited on Nana for Noah's Ark the musical..well I wouldn't let Chad leave so he spent 2 1/2 hours cruising Branson (what a man!) Libby has recovered and was cranky today, but no fever! So our last hoorah was certainly an exciting one!

Trip Highlights...for those still reading!
1. Lauren trying on jeans...HILARIOUS...that kid can fill out a pair of pants...needless to say we didn't come home with any.
2. Noah's Ark The Musical...it was fabulous
3. Libby in the wave pool...she LOVED it
4. We wear Chad out...he can just take so much of us girls...I think it is REALLY funny!
5. Leah shopping...that girl is going to cost us a FORTUNE someday.


4 comments:

oakleylarue said...

OOoohh....SHAME!!! And just 30 minutes north, free room and board, two spare bedrooms, all the dirtbike toys your girls could stand....AND TARGET..yes, we have TARGET, and marshalls, TJmaxx...you could have met my amazing new boyfriend of 4+months....but alas! Fine, I'm coming there. It seems I have a new house and new baby I haven't met up there yet!! Miss you!!

oakleylarue said...

And did I mention antibiotics? We have free antibiotics here too.........

Allyson said...

BOYFRIEND...I think we all need to talk...make SURE and check Adrienne's blog...ASAP

Anonymous said...

OH... kiss those kids.